Effective Electoral Assistance
The EC-UNDP-IDEA Joint Training on Effective Electoral Assistance – organized within the Train4DEV initiative and in collaboration with the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the Organization of American States (OAS) – took place in Brussels from the 1st to the 5th of December within the premises of the European Commission, at the Conference Center of the Charlemagne Building.
The course was open to selected EC, UNDP and IDEA staff, but also staff of development partners, international and regional organizations working in the field of electoral assistance, electoral management bodies, national authorities and civil society organizations. Some electoral practitioners previously working with EC and UNDP projects were invited.
As usual, the course was delivered by members of the EC-UNDP Joint Task Force on Electoral Assistance, staff of IDEA and senior electoral experts that regularly collaborate with the Task Force or with other international organisations participating to the training. All presentations were simultaneously translated into English-French and French-English.
The course followed the already developed five-days structure on how to provide an Effective Electoral Assistance mainly focusing on the issues presented in the “ACE Focus on…: Making Electoral Assistance Effective: From Formal Commitment to Actual Implementation”.
Below you can download the Powerpoint presentations used by the presenters during the training as well as other supporting documentation.
- Historical Background and Focus on Effective Electoral Assistance
- International Committments for Democratic Elections
- UN Policy and Strategic Framework
- EU Policy and Strategic Framework
- EU Election Observation Missions: Context, Planning and Implementation
- Overview EU EOMs
- Panel – Local Elections and Electoral Assistance in DRC
- The Added Value of the Work of Regional Organisations in Electoral Assistance and Election Observation.
- Electoral Cycle Approach and Overview of Stakeholder
- Legal Framework and Electoral System
- Strategic Planning within EMBs and the Importance of Professional Development
- EMB Exercise
- Civic and Voter Education
- Domestic Observation and Parallel Vote Tabulation
- Media Regulations, Monitoring and Support to Media Sector
- Management of Electoral Results
- Promoting Electoral Justice
- Sustainability and Electoral Assistance
- Parliamentary Support – Strategies, Instruments and Interventions
- EP’s Support to New and Emerging Democracies, EP’s Office for Promotion of Parliamentary Democracy Promotion
- Assistance to Political Parties
- Money in Politics
- Political Party and Campaign Financing in the Americas
- Strengthening the Role of Parliament in the Reform of Political Party Legislation
- Women’s Political Participation and iKNOWPolitics
- Promoting the Participation of Women in Political Life
- UN Resources and Services: Who does what
- EC Resources and Services – Who does What
- EC-UNDP-IDEA Training Activities: eLearning Course on Effective Electoral Assistance
- EC UNDP Contractual Arrangments: Avoiding the Traps
- UNDP Electoral Procurement: The Big Picture
- Global Survey on cost of Registration and Electoral Budgeting
- Commonly Procured Election Materials
- Procurement of Biometric Voter Registration – Various Case Studies
- Global Tools – BRIDGE
- Global Tools – ACE