EU and UNDP
have partnered in more than 50 countries and nearly 200 projects to provide technical assistance in the field of elections.
Jointly, we strive to provide effective and sustainable support to establish and reinforce democratic institutions and processes world-wide.
EU-UN Joint Photo Exhibition “The Power of Democracy”
EU Ambassador in Nepal Veronica Cody inauguration speech on World Press Freedom Day 2019
Youth Participation in Electoral Processes
Where we work
What we do
- Assisting UNDP Country Offices and EU Delegations in formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, as well as in drafting of the narrative and financial reporting.
- Establishing and maintaining dedicated websites for all EC-UNDP joint electoral assistance projects, and organizing kick-off trainings at the inception of each project.
- Organizing high-level conferences, workshops and trainings on election-related issues in order to share best practices and lessons learnt.
- Producing several publications and e-learnings on elections.
- Serving as an early warning mechanism for the partnership, maintaining close contacts with the EU Delegations, UNDP Country Offices, regional hubs and headquarters to identify any potential issues and addressing them as early and effectively as possible.
“Our colleagues from UNDP are doing really a great job so that everything is in place for the election day”
Ambassador and Head of the EU Delegation to Armenia
(on the parliamentary elections in Armenia)
“The friends of Guinea, especially UNDP and the partners […] spare no efforts for democracy”
Acting chairman of the Court of First Instance,