The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Lebanese Elections Assistance Project (LEAP), the European Union and UN Women Lebanon partnered with the Office of the Minister of State for Women’s Affairs (OMSWA) to implement an agreed roadmap with the overall objective to enhance the role of Lebanese women for effective and meaningful participation in the upcoming political elections scheduled for May 2018.
Hence, a public awareness campaign was developed with an overall objective to enhance the role of Lebanese women for effective and meaningful participation in the upcoming 2018 Parliamentary Elections. Targeting all Lebanese citizens, the campaign focuses on delivering the following messages:
• Raise the public awareness on the role of women in leadership, politics and electoral process
• Promote an inclusive electoral process and a fair portrayal of women political leaders.
• Encourage political parties to nominate women in leadership positions
• Encourage women activists to run for elections
• Encourage voters to vote for women candidates
The awareness campaign is divided into three phases with 3 different messages:
• First phase to promote women’s participation in elections;
• Second phase to endorse women as candidates;
• Third phase to promote women as voters.